Should you have any questions, please contact our office (805) 648-1851 or stop by 2463 E. Main Street, Ventura, Ca 93003.
Viewing a Unit
1) Vacant Units: A vacant unit can be viewed by obtaining keys from our office. Keys can be checked out between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday. (Note: our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturday.) Keys may not be checked out overnight. To check out a key, a $20.00 cash deposit must be left at the office. We will also take a copy of your drivers’ license. The deposit will be returned when the keys are returned. Keys must be returned before closing. If keys are not returned before closing the same day, $20.00 deposit is forfeited.
2) Occupied Unit: Occupied units require at least a 24 hours notice to the resident prior to showing. Appointments must be made with someone from our office to view the unit. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for scheduling.
1) Application: Each prospective adult, 18 years and older, must complete a rental application. Incomplete or inaccurate rental applications can delay or preclude the processing of the application.
2) Application Fees: At the time of submission, a processing fee of $25.00 for each applicant and $25.00 for each additional applicant over the age of 18 is required. Application fee must be paid in cash or money order. Sorry, no personal checks will be accepted. The application fee is non-refundable.
3) Application Process: It will take approximately 2 working days to process an application. This time may be longer if the application is incomplete or references are difficult to contact. The most qualified applicant will be selected for approval. Qualifications are listed below. If the first choice apartment is not available, the applicant will be considered for other units at no additional charge for up to sixty days from the date the application was originally submitted.
1) Income: Total verifiable gross monthly income of all adult occupants must be at least 2.5 times the monthly rental rate. To provide proof of adequate income the following is required:
- 2 most recent check stubs; if income varies, more check stubs may be required.
- If self employed; applicants must provide current audited tax returns and profit and loss statements or 6 months bank statements showing deposits.
2) References: We reserve the right to check previous rental references. Applicant must provide the last 4 years of rental history.
3) Credit: We reserve the right to obtain credit information on any applicant. Credit checks may include submission to credit rating services such as TRW, Equifax and Trans Union as well as research of any unlawful detainer action against the applicant. If we receive a poor report we may deny the application or require a higher security deposit. If the applicant has ever been evicted or sued for any lease violation, the application will be rejected.
4) Background Check: We reserve the right to obtain any kind of criminal records or convictions.
1) Notification: Applicants will be notified by phone as soon as the application has been reviewed. If the application has been approved, applicants will be required to bring in a holding deposit within 24 hours, which must be paid with a cashier’s check or money order:
- A $400 deposit is required when rent is $1 – $999
- A $500 deposit is required when rent is $1000 – $1999
- A $600 deposit is required when rent is $2000 and up.
2) Move-In: In order to move in, the applicant will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Rental agreement must be signed by all applicants.
- Security Deposit must be paid in full in the form of a cashier’s check or money order. NO personal checks will be accepted. First month’s rent must be paid in full in the form of a cashier’s check or money order.
The second month will be prorated as noted below, if applicable.
3) Responsibility: All residents are responsible for all charges incurred under the terms of the lease.
4) Rent: Once an application is approved and the holding deposit is received, we will hold a unit up to seven (7) days after the previous tenant vacates the property. Rent begins on the date entered on the lease.
Rent is due on the first of the month and is late after the third day of the month. We do not issue a billing statement for monthly rent. Any rents received after the 3rd will be subject to a late fee. We will accept multiple checks, cashier checks or money orders as payment. NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR RENTAL PAYMENTS. A Three-Day Notice is sent to units with outstanding balances. A $25.00 Three-Day Notice Fee will apply when notice is served.
5) Pro-Rate: Regardless of the number of days during the month, pro-rated rent is calculated by dividing monthly rent by thirty (30). The resulting number (the daily rate) is then multiplied by the number of days the unit will be occupied in the pro-rated month.
6) Pets: All pets must be approved in writing in advance with an addendum to the lease. If a pet is approved, there may be an additional security deposit. The following breeds, dogs resembling these breeds, or mixes of these breeds are prohibited: Akita, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, Chow, Doberman, German Shepherd, Husky, Pit Bull, Presa Canario, Rottweiler and Wolf Hybrid. All pet rules will be strictly enforced.
California Oaks Property Management does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sex, source of income, sexual orientation or any other form of discrimination prohibited by law.